Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Leader of the Council delegated authority to the Cabinet to make the following decisions:
1. Note the unaudited closing reserve balance for 2020/21 being brought forward to 2021/22.
2. Notes that this report now includes a projection for Budget Position in 2024/25 and also notes Budget Gap for Financial Years 2022/23 to 2024/25.
3. Notes that the Council will not receive any confirmation from MHCLG on its £25m request for Capitalisation Direction for 2022/23 until later in this financial year. The budget gap without any capitalisation direction stands at £63.27m for 2022/23 assuming that proposed savings agreed in March 2021 are agreed of £24million
4. Note that the Budget for 2022/23 to 2024/25 is projected based on Council Tax growth being 1.99% for general increase and 2% growth in the Council Tax Base. No increases in Business Rate growth assumed.
5. Note that a further Budget Update report will be brought to Cabinet in November 2021.
Report author: Chris Buss
Publication date: 20/07/2021
Date of decision: 12/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 12/07/2021 - Cabinet