Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. Approve the establishment of the Brick by Brick Shareholder Cabinet Advisory Board (the “Advisory Board”) for the purposes and with the responsibilities described in the report.
2. Approve the appointment of the Leader (Chair), Cabinet Member for Resources & Financial Governance and Cabinet Member for Croydon Renewal to the Advisory Board, with other invited attendees as described in the report.
3. Approve the Terms of Reference for the Advisory Board set out at Appendix 1 to the report.
4. Approve the process for appointment and removal of directors from the Brick By Brick board of Directors in accordance with paragraph 3.14 of the report; and delegate authority to Corporate Director of Resources & Deputy Chief Executive in consultation with the Leader of the Council, Cabinet Member for Croydon Renewal and Chief Executive on appointments and removals of Directors of the board of Brick by Brick Croydon Ltd, who shall have authority to exercise shareholder functions on behalf of the Council to approve such appointments and removals (any such appointments or removals shall be notified as part of the next scheduled report to Cabinet).
5. Delegate to the members of the Advisory Board the authority to exercise limited shareholder functions on behalf of the Council when making recommendations to Brick By Brick relating to risk in accordance with paragraph 3.8 (recognising, however, that Brick By Brick shall make its own independent decisions).
Report author: Katherine Kerswell
Publication date: 24/11/2021
Date of decision: 15/11/2021
Decided at meeting: 15/11/2021 - Cabinet