Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Executive Mayor in Cabinet is recommended to:
1. To approve the introduction of an Annual Procurement Plan (APP) to the Executive Mayor in Cabinet that includes proposed procurement and contract extension and the delegated decision makers for the forthcoming year. The updates and progress on the APP to be reported to the Mayor in Cabinet on a quarterly basis.
2. To approve the first Annual Procurement Plan for the remainder of the financial year and for the period November 2022 to March 2023 as set out in Appendix 1.
3. To approve the delegated decisions in the APP to those Lead Members or Officers as stated in Appendix 1 that includes the contract/procurement strategy and award decisions, the duration of the contract and contract value.
4. The delegated decisions shall only be exercised following recommendations from the Contracts & Commissioning Board, which require approval from both the Lead Cabinet Member and the Cabinet Member for Finance.
5. To allow for minor changes to proceed whilst retaining the agreed delegated so long as none of the following thresholds for changes are exceeded:
i. Contract value exceeds that proposed in the APP/Quarterly Update Report, by the lesser of £500K or 25%, or the new aggregate value exceeds £1m and it becomes a key decision
ii. Substantial / material changes to procurement from that defined in the APP/Quarterly Update Report e.g. material risks are identified
(Should either of those thresholds be exceeded, the delegation cannot be exercised, and the decision shall be recommended to the Executive Mayor, unless a further delegation is approved. Where a delegated decision is a Key Decision to Officers, it must be made in consultation with the Lead Cabinet Member.)
6. To approve a re-drafting of the Tender and Contract Regulations to reflect the proposed changes (and clarifications), to be reported to the Constitution Working Group with a view to seeking recommendations from the General Purposes Committee and/ or the Executive Mayor in Cabinet for onward recommendations to Full Council.
Publication date: 24/11/2022
Date of decision: 16/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 16/11/2022 - Cabinet