Agenda

Licensing Committee - Monday, 26th September, 2022 6.30 pm

Venue: Council Chamber, Town Hall, Katharine Street, CR0 1NX

Contact: Marianna Ritchie  Email: marianna.ritchie@croydon.gov.uk

Items
No. Item

1.

Apologies for Absence

To receive any apologies for absence from any members of the Committee.

 

2.

Minutes of the Previous Meeting pdf icon PDF 112 KB

To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 12 April 2022 as an accurate record.

 

3.

Minutes of Previous Licensing Sub-Committee Meetings pdf icon PDF 130 KB

To approve as an accurate record the minutes of the meetings of the Licensing Sub-Committee since the last Licensing Committee:

 

  • 29 April 2022
  • 21 June 2022
  • 23 June 2022
  • 7 July 2022
  • 15 July 2022
  • 21 July 2022
  • 27 Jul 2022
  • 28 July 2022
  • 11 Aug 2022

 

Additional documents:

4.

Urgent Business (if any)

To receive notice of any business not on the agenda which in the opinion of the Chair, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.

 

 

5.

Disclosure of Interests

Members and co-opted Members of the Council are reminded that, in accordance with the Council’s Code of Conduct and the statutory provisions of the Localism Act, they are required to consider in advance of each meeting whether they have a disclosable pecuniary interest (DPI), another registrable interest (ORI) or a non-registrable interest (NRI) in relation to any matter on the agenda. If advice is needed, Members should contact the Monitoring Officer in good time before the meeting.

 

If any Member or co-opted Member of the Council identifies a DPI or ORI which they have not already registered on the Council’s register of interests or which requires updating, they should complete the disclosure form which can be obtained from Democratic Services at any time, copies of which will be available at the meeting for return to the Monitoring Officer.

 

Members and co-opted Members are required to disclose any DPIs and ORIs at the meeting.

 

·         Where the matter relates to a DPI they may not participate in any discussion or vote on the matter and must not stay in the meeting unless granted a dispensation.

·         Where the matter relates to an ORI they may not vote on the matter unless granted a dispensation.

·         Where a Member or co-opted Member has an NRI which directly relates to their financial interest or wellbeing, or that of a relative or close associate, they must disclose the interest at the meeting, may not take part in any discussion or vote on the matter and must not stay in the meeting unless granted a dispensation. Where a matter affects the NRI of a Member or co-opted Member, section 9 of Appendix B of the Code of Conduct sets out the test which must be applied by the Member to decide whether disclosure is required.

 

The Chair will invite Members to make their disclosure orally at the commencement of Agenda item 3, to be recorded in the minutes.

 

6.

London Local Authorities Act 1990 - Application For Street Designation Order x 3 pdf icon PDF 119 KB

The purpose of this report is to seek the Committee’s decision on the proposal to designate 3 sites in the Borough as a Licence Street for street trading and the granting of a street trading licence under the provisions of the London Local Authorities Act 1990.

Additional documents:

7.

Pavement Licensing - The Business and Planning Act 2020 pdf icon PDF 128 KB

This report provides background to the request that the Committee delegate authority to the Corporate Director, Sustainable Communities, Regeneration & Economic Recovery to do al things necessary to extend and operate the pavement licensing arrangements under the Business and Planning Act 2020 as amended.

8.

Licensing Act 2003 - Consultation: Review of London Borough of Croydon Statement of Licensing Policy including review of cumulative impact zones/policies and proposed introduction of a further cumulative impact area within the London Borough of Croydon Statement of Licensing Policy pdf icon PDF 150 KB

The Committee is asked to:

 

1.1.        Agree to commence consultation on the statutory 5 year review of the Council’s Licensing Policy under the Licensing Act 2003;

1.2.        Agree to consult on the review of current Cumulative Impact Areas as set out in the Statement of Licensing Policy to assess whether or not these ought to be retained;

1.3.        Agree to consult on the potential introduction of a new Cumulative Impact Area as detailed in section 3.24 of the report;

1.4.        Agree that the consultation referred to in paragraphs 1.1-1.3 shall be for a period of 6 weeks as detailed in paragraph 4.1 of the report;

1.5.        Note that the outcome of the consultation exercise will be reported back to Committee for further consideration and then onward recommendation to Full Council regarding adoption of the Councils’ Statement of Licensing Policy including Cumulative Impact Areas, if any.

 

Additional documents:

9.

Exclusion of the Press and Public

The following motion is to be moved and seconded where it is proposed to exclude the press and public during the course of a meeting:

 

Pursuant to the provisions of regulation 14 paragraph (2) of the Licensing Act 2003 (Hearings) Regulations 2005, the licensing authority may exclude the public from all or part of a hearing where it considers that the public interest in so doing outweighs the public interest in the hearing, or that part of the hearing, taking place in public. For the purposes of paragraph (2), a party and any person assisting or representing a party may be treated as a member of the public. In light of the possibility of disclosing personal data if the photographs circulated by a party to the hearing were made available in public, members of the committee will be asked to agree to exclude the public from the hearing to enable members to view the photographs on the basis that doing so outweighs the public interest in that part of the hearing taking place in public.

10.

Part B Minutes of the Licensing Sub-Committee meeting held on 5 April 2022