Venue: Council Chamber, Town Hall, Katharine Street, Croydon CR0 1NX. View directions
Contact: Kieran Pantry-Melsom
020 8726 6000 x63922 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment of Chair
To appoint a Chair for the duration of the meeting.
Councillor Pat Ryan nominated Councillor Karen Jewitt.
Councillor Margaret Bird seconded the motion.
The Sub-Committee RESOLVED to appoint Councillor Jewitt as Chair of the Sub-Committee.
Disclosure of Interests
In accordance with the Council’s Code of Conduct and the statutory provisions of the Localism Act, Members and co-opted Members of the Council are reminded that it is a requirement to register disclosable pecuniary interests (DPIs) and gifts and hospitality to the value of which exceeds £50 or multiple gifts and/or instances of hospitality with a cumulative value of £50 or more when received from a single donor within a rolling twelve month period. In addition, Members and co-opted Members are reminded that unless their disclosable pecuniary interest is registered on the register of interests or is the subject of a pending notification to the Monitoring Officer, they are required to disclose those disclosable pecuniary interests at the meeting. This should be done by completing the Disclosure of Interest form and handing it to the Democratic Services representative at the start of the meeting. The Chair will then invite Members to make their disclosure orally at the commencement of Agenda item 3. Completed disclosure forms will be provided to the Monitoring Officer for inclusion on the Register of Members’ Interests.
There were none.
Urgent Business (if any)
To receive notice of any business not on the agenda which in the opinion of the Chair, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.
There were no items of urgent business.
The Licensing Sub-Committee considered the Application for a Premises Licence at 89 Lower Addiscombe Road, Croydon, CR0 6PT and the representations received as contained in the report of the Executive Director ‘Place’ as well as the additional information provided by the Applicant via email on 18 December 2018.
The Sub-Committee also considered the oral representations of the Metropolitan Police, in particular that they confirmed that they were satisfied that the amended proposed conditions (attached) offered by the Applicant would prevent crime and disorder. They were also of the view that the amendments would result in a food led and family restaurant, rather than a Club.
Further, the Council’s Licensing officer confirmed that Councillor Jerry Fitzpatrick (ward councillor) had withdrawn his comments given the Police were satisfied with the new conditions offered.
The Sub-Committee agreed to the amended times of the licensable activities as set out in 1.2 of Appendix A. Also, that that the relevant conditions in the Application and the new conditions offered by the Applicant today (attached) would be included on the Licence.
The Sub-Committee, having reference to the licensing objectives under the Licensing Act 2003 and the Council Licensing Policy the Sub-Committee RESOLVED to Grant this application with the Licence conditions mentioned below.
Les Calices Restaurant, 89 Lower Addiscombe Road, CROYDON.
Hours for licensable activities
Monday – 11:00-23:00
Tuesday – 11:00-23:00
Wednesday – 11:00-23:00
Thursday – 11:00-23:00
Friday – 11:00-00:00
Saturday – 11:00-00:00
Sunday – 11:00-23:00
Monday to Thursday – As above
Friday and Saturday – As above
Sunday – As above
1. The Licensee will install comprehensive CCTV coverage at the premises and ensure it is operated and maintained at the premises.
The cctv system shall be operational at all times, motion sensor equipment may be used if needed to assist with storage space. The licence holder will have 3 months from the date of grant of the premises licence to implement this condition.
2. The CCTV system shall conform to the following points:
1. Cameras must be sited to observe the entrance and exit doors both inside and outside.
2. Cameras overlooking floor areas should be wide angled to give an overview of the premises.
3. A good quality Head & Shoulders image should be recorded and stored as per CCTV conditions.
4. Provide a linked record of the date, time and place of any image.
5. Provide good quality images -colour during opening times.
6. Operate under existing light levels at the premises.
7. Have the recording device located in a secure area or locked cabinet.
8. Have a monitor to review images and recorded picture quality.
9. Be maintained annually to ensure continuous quality of image and capture retention.
10. Have signage displayed in the customer area to advise that CCTV is in operation.
11. Digital images must be kept for 31 days.
12. Police and licensing officers will have access to images at any reasonable time in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
13. The equipment must have ... view the full minutes text for item 10/18
Exclusion of the Press and Public
The following motion is to be moved and seconded where it is proposed to exclude the press and public from the remainder of a meeting:
“That, under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act, 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information falling within those paragraphs indicated in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972, as amended.”
This was not required.