Agenda and minutes

Traffic Management Advisory Committee
Wednesday, 12th December, 2018 6.30 pm

Venue: F10, Town Hall, Katharine Street, Croydon CR0 1NX

Contact: Cliona May
020 8726 6000 x47279  Email: cliona.may@croydon.gov.uk

Items
No. Item

1/17

Minutes of the Previous Meeting pdf icon PDF 83 KB

To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 17 October 2018 as an accurate record.

Minutes:

The minutes of the meeting held on 17 October 2018 were agreed as an accurate record.

2/17

Disclosure of Interests

In accordance with the Council’s Code of Conduct and the statutory provisions of the Localism Act, Members and co-opted Members of the Council are reminded that it is a requirement to register disclosable pecuniary interests (DPIs) and gifts and hospitality to the value of which exceeds £50 or multiple gifts and/or instances of hospitality with a cumulative value of £50 or more when received from a single donor within a rolling twelve month period. In addition, Members and co-opted Members are reminded that unless their disclosable pecuniary interest is registered on the register of interests or is the subject of a pending notification to the Monitoring Officer, they are required to disclose those disclosable pecuniary interests at the meeting. This should be done by completing the Disclosure of Interest form and handing it to the Democratic Services representative at the start of the meeting. The Chair will then invite Members to make their disclosure orally at the commencement of Agenda item 3. Completed disclosure forms will be provided to the Monitoring Officer for inclusion on the Register of Members’ Interests.

Minutes:

There were none.

3/17

Urgent Business (if any)

To receive notice of any business not on the agenda which in the opinion of the Chair, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.

Minutes:

There were no items of urgent business.

4/17

Lakehall Road Area - Results of Information Consultation on the Proposed Introduction of a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) pdf icon PDF 118 KB

The report considers the results of the informal consultation on the possible introduction of parking controls into the Lakehall Road Area which includes, Attlee Close, Bensham Lane, Bert Road, Fairgreen Road, Frant Road, Haslemere Road, Kingswood Avenue, Kimberley Road, Lakehall Road, Lakehall Gardens, Meadow View Road, Norman Road, Penshurst Road, Torridge Road and Queenswood Avenue. 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Traffic Management Advisory Committee considered the report on the results of the informal consultation on the possible introduction of parking controls into the Lakehall Road Area which includes, Attlee Close, Bensham Lane, Bert Road, Fairgreen Road, Frant Road, Haslemere Road, Kingswood Avenue, Kimberley Road, Lakehall Road, Lakehall Gardens, Meadow View Road, Norman Road, Penshurst Road, Torridge Road and Queenswood Avenue.

 

The Parking Design Manager, David Wakeling, introduced the report and explained it was recommended that the Council proceeded to the formal consultation stage with a proposal to introduce controlled parking into Bensham Lane, Bert Road, Fairgreen Road, Frant Road, Kingswood Avenue, Kimberley Road, Lakehall Road, Lakehall Gardens, Meadow View Road and Queenswood Avenue, as shown on Drawing No. PD-382 in the agenda. Included in the formal consultation would be a detailed design and the local residents would have an opportunity to comment or object.

 

Mr John Fraser addressed the Committee in his capacity as a local resident and explained that he was objecting to the scheme because he believed the Thornton Heath ward should all become a CPZ to ensure there were no issues with displacement. He noted that he lived immediately outside the proposed CPZ area would create a “donut” of pay and display parking around the Ecclesbourne Road area and this would severely affect the roads. He requested that the Traffic Management Advisory Committee deferred the item for a few months to develop a full parking strategy for the Thornton Heath Ward.

 

Ms Heather Hinds addressed the Committee in her capacity as a local resident of Frant Road and explained that she was in support of the proposed CPZ. She noted that the majority of her neighbours were in support of the CPZ in 2015 when it was initially proposed; however, they were unable to attend the previous meeting where it was discussed to express their support. She explained that the area suffered from a high parking rate in connection with the hospital and the surrounding CPZs in the area had dispersed a high level of parking. It was added that neighbours’ cars were regularly damaged due to drivers squeezing in to small spaces; however, this was likely to be resolved if restrictions were introduced.

 

Ms Helen Mullens addressed the Committee in her capacity as a local resident and explained that the majority of her neighbours were in support of the CPZ. She noted that a high number of residents who objected to the proposal had double driveways and were therefore not affected by the current parking issues. It was added that the addition of CCTV in the area could help resolve the problems.

 

The Parking Design Manager noted that for similar proposals consultation would be conducted for a larger area and not just the petitioned area to try and mitigate the parking displacement. He also added that if the Traffic Management Advisory Committee agreed to implement the CPZ then it was likely to be introduced as there was a huge traffic problem in the area and  ...  view the full minutes text for item 4/17

5/17

Exclusion of the Press and Public

The following motion is to be moved and seconded where it is proposed to exclude the press and public from the remainder of a meeting:

 

“That, under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act, 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information falling within those paragraphs indicated in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972, as amended.”

Minutes:

This was not required.