Agenda

Cycle Forum
Tuesday, 19th March, 2019 6.00 pm

Venue: Town Hall

Contact: Kieran Pantry-Melsom
02087266000 x63922  Email: kieran.pantry-melsom@croydon.gov.uk

Items
No. Item

1.

Apologies for Absence

To receive any apologies for absence from any members of the Committee.

2.

Urgent Business (if any)

To receive notice of any business not on the agenda which in the opinion of the Chair, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.

 

3.

Disclosure of Interests

In accordance with the Council’s Code of Conduct and the statutory provisions of the Localism Act, Members and co-opted Members of the Council are reminded that it is a requirement to register disclosable pecuniary interests (DPIs) and gifts and hospitality to the value of which exceeds £50 or multiple gifts and/or instances of hospitality with a cumulative value of £50 or more when received from a single donor within a rolling twelve month period. In addition, Members and co-opted Members are reminded that unless their disclosable pecuniary interest is registered on the register of interests or is the subject of a pending notification to the Monitoring Officer, they are required to disclose those disclosable pecuniary interests at the meeting. This should be done by completing the Disclosure of Interest form and handing it to the Democratic Services representative at the start of the meeting. The Chair will then invite Members to make their disclosure orally at the commencement of Agenda item 3. Completed disclosure forms will be provided to the Monitoring Officer for inclusion on the Register of Members’ Interests.

 

4.

Minutes of the Previous Meeting pdf icon PDF 74 KB

To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 27 November 2018 as an accurate record.

 

5.

Action Plan pdf icon PDF 45 KB

Response to the action points recorded at the previous meeting.

6.

Cycling Strategy pdf icon PDF 104 KB

To be presented by Tom Sweeney (Programme Manager for Walking and Cycling)

7.

Liveable Neighbourhoods Bid

To be presented by Ian Plowright (Head of Transport)

8.

Local Implementation Plan 3 (LIP3) Update

To be presented by Ian Plowright (Head of Transport)

9.

Fiveways Consultation Update pdf icon PDF 4 MB

Presentation from Susanna Davies (Principal Sponsor, Transport for London) and Joe Beavis (Sponsor, Transport for London)

 

10.

Update on Cycling Groups

11.

Any Other Business

a)    Road Maintenance Issues

 

b)    Enforcing the 20mph speed limit

 

c)    Cycle park diversion signs (Katherine Street/Park Street)

 

d)    Changes to Tram loop and its impact on Town Centre cycle routes

 

e)    Plans to bridge the final barrier for two-way cycling between the High Street and North End

 

f)     Council Policy for removing abandoned bicycles

12.

Date of Next Meeting

Tuesday 4th June 2019.

13.

Exclusion of the Press and Public

The following motion is to be moved and seconded where it is proposed to exclude the press and public from the remainder of a meeting:

 

“That, under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act, 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information falling within those paragraphs indicated in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972, as amended.”

 

Part B