Venue: Council Chamber, Town Hall, Katharine Street, Croydon CR0 1NX
Contact: Simon Trevaskis Email: email@example.com
Apologies for Absence
To receive any apologies for absence from any members of the Committee.
To approve the minutes of the meeting held on16 January 2024 as an accurate record.
Disclosure of Interests
Members are invited to declare any disclosable pecuniary interests (DPIs) and other registrable and non-registrable interests they may have in relation to any item(s) of business on today’s agenda.
Urgent Business (if any)
To receive notice of any business not on the agenda which in the opinion of the Chair, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.
The Scrutiny & Overview Committee is presented with the Period 8 Financial Performance Monitoring report for its information. The Committee is asked to: -
1. Review the information provided in the report on the 2023-24 Period 8 Financial Performance Report, and
2. Consider its conclusions on the latest budget position for 2023-24
3. Consider whether there are any recommendations to bring to the attention of the Mayor.
The Scrutiny and Overview Committee is provided with a Cabinet report setting out the Mayor’s Budget Proposals for 2024-25. The Committee is asked to:-
Note the feedback from the Scrutiny Sub-Committee meetings focussed on their respective budget areas.
Note the Cabinet report presenting the Mayor’s proposed Budget for 2024-25.
Consider the conclusions of the Committee on 2024-25 budget, to be submitted for the consideration of the Mayor at the Cabinet meeting on 14 February 2024, including:-
a) Are the savings deliverable, sustainable and not an unacceptable risk?
b) Is the impact on service users and the wider community understood?
c) Have all reasonable alternative options been explored and do no better options exist?
d) Consider whether there are any further conclusions on the 2024-25 budget the Committee would like to bring to the attention of the Mayor.
The Scrutiny & Overview Committee is asked to
1. Approve the recommendations made by its Sub-Committee’s for submission to the Executive Mayor for his consideration.
2. Review the response provided by Mayor to recommendations made by the Scrutiny & Overview Committee.
Scrutiny Sub-Committee Appointments
For the Scrutiny & Overview Committee to agree any in-year amendments to the membership of its sub-committees (if required).
The Scrutiny & Overview Committee is asked to: -
1. Note the most recent version of the Scrutiny Work Programme presented in the report.
2. Consider whether there are any other items that should be provisionally added to the work programme as a result of the discussions held during the meeting.
Exclusion of the Press and Public
The following motion is to be moved and seconded where it is proposed to exclude the press and public from the remainder of a meeting:
“That, under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act, 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following items of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information falling within those paragraphs indicated in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972, as amended.”