The purpose of the report is to recommended to introduce an enforceable car parking permit scheme at various Croydon Council Estates across the borough to restrict parking to residents and their visitors only, and that vehicles park within marked bays only and not on the restricted areas of the car park currently marked with double yellow lines. Also that only valid disabled blue badge holders use the designated disabled bays (where specified bays are available) on the Estate.
The Traffic Management Advisory Committee considered the report on the introduction of an enforceable car parking permit scheme at various Croydon Council Estates across the borough to restrict parking to residents and their visitors only, and that vehicles park within marked bays only and not on the restricted areas of the car park currently marked with double yellow lines. Also that only valid disabled blue badge holders use the designated disabled bays (where specified bays are available) on the Estate.
The Parking Design Manager explained that the feedback received from the informal consultation had been positive and there was a large majority of residents who welcomed the proposal for the permit scheme. The Housing department had conducted their own consultation; however, a formal consultation would need to be completed before the introduction of the scheme.
Councillor Jewitt noted that residents from Kettering Court and Laxton Court had contacted her with concerns regarding the price of a permit. She suggested that a two tier system was looked in to for those who were on a pension
Councillor Mohan stated that he was concerned that there was an assumption by residents that the permits would be free as the consultation letter distributed by the Housing department did not specify that there was a cost implication.
Councillor Jewitt requested that future reports specified clearer which wards were affected by the proposals.
RESOLVED – That the Traffic Management Advisory Committee recommended to the Acting Cabinet Member for Environment, Transport & Regeneration (Job Share) that they:
1.1 Agree to the proposal to introduce an enforceable car parking permit scheme for the various listed Croydon Council Estates as shown on attached maps (PD 354a to an):
· Bensham Lane (Dartmouth House), Broad Green
· Bridge Place, Addiscombe West
· Brighton Road (Gardiner Court), South Croydon
· Canterbury Road / Stanley Road, West Thornton
· Chatsworth Road (no.26), Fairfield
· Little Roke Road Nos.3 – 47), Kenley
· Lodge Road (by No.25), Broad Green
· Lower Addiscombe Road (Houston Court), Addiscombe West
· Morland Road (Squire Court), Addiscombe West
· Tavistock Grove, Selhurst
· Torrington Square, Selhurst
Queens Road Estate, Selhurst
· Ashby Walk
· Windmill Grove (Bell Court)
· Englefield Close
· Hughes Walk
· Kemp Gardens
· Pawson’s Road (Nos.18 – 44)
· Prestwood Gardens
· Singleton Close
· St Saviours Road (Nos.64 – 68)
· Windmill Grove (Nos.31 – 43)
· Windmill Road (Nos.147 – 155)
Sumner Road Estate, Broad Green
· Croydon Grove
· Eastney Road
· Leighton Street (Leighton Gardens)
· Sumner Gardens
South Norwood, South Norwood Ward
· Belgrave Road
· Claret Gardens
· Grosvenor Road
· John Street
· Regina Road
· St Marks Road
· Sunny Bank
Thornton Heath Area
· Brigstock Road (Kettering Court), Thornton Heath
· Brigstock Road (Weldon Court), Bensham Manor
· Parchmore Road (Laxton Court), Thornton Heath
· Parchmore Road (Altanta Court), Thornton Heath
· Chipstead Avenue (Braidwood House), Bensham Manor
· Mayday Road, West Thornton
Waddon Estate, Waddon
· Chasemore Gardens
· Grindall Close
· Layton Crescent
1.2 Authorise the Highway Improvement Manager, Streets Directorate to give notice of Recommendation 1.1 and subject to receiving no material objections on the giving of public notice to make the necessary Traffic Management Orders under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended).
1.3 Note that any material objections received following the giving of public notice will be considered by the Executive Director of Place and may be referred to the Traffic Management Advisory Committee if the Executive Director in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Environment, Transport and Regeneration (job share) considers it appropriate for any reason.